A Financial Plan Can Help You Build and Preserve Wealth
For many financial advisors, financial planning takes a backseat to money management. At Sterling Wealth Management, we believe that long-term financial success starts with a comprehensive financial plan. Without a plan, you have no way of knowing whether you are on the right path toward achieving your financial goals.
An effective financial plan may help you make better decisions that lead to better results. But it's not a “set it and forget it” exercise. You will need to adapt your financial plan as major life events, such as marriage, divorce, a job change, retirement, or the death of a loved one, occur. Your financial plan can also help protect the wealth you worked so hard to accumulate.
To help you create and implement a successful financial plan, we guide you through a multi-step process that includes:
Working with you to gather all relevant information, such as your income, assets, expenses, and potential risks
- Developing realistic long-term financial goals for retirement, potential college expenses, and other milestones
- Creating a detailed, written financial plan
- Implementing your plan
- Continuously monitoring your plan and adapting as necessary
Our financial planning process examines all aspects of your financial life, including:
Risk management: Do you have the right kind of insurance and the proper coverage amounts? Have you diversified your savings to manage risk?
- Retirement: Are you on track to achieve the retirement lifestyle you envision for yourself? If you are retired, do you have a plan to turn your assets into a reliable, sustainable stream of retirement income?
- Education: If you have children, will you be able to afford their college expenses?
- Investments and asset allocation: Are your assets allocated in accordance with your risk tolerance and your financial goals?
- Taxes: Are you maximizing opportunities to invest in tax-advantaged accounts? If you are retired, are you withdrawing your assets as tax-efficiently as possible?
- Estate planning: Have you created a detailed estate plan that minimizes taxes and supports your loved ones and favorite causes?
While it's never too late to create a financial plan, it's always best to start early. We can help you create a financial plan that puts you on the path toward your goals.
When you are ready to get serious about your financial future, call us at 910-202-4656 to schedule a consultation or e-mail us for more information.